Committee for culture of Saint-Petersburg
The committee is a structural subdivision of the Saint-Petersburg City Government.
It was established for the purpose of carrying out state policy and implementing state governance in the sphere of culture and arts.
The main goals of the Committee are:
- Preserve and rationally use city’s cultural and historical heritage; revive and develop cultural traditions;
- Support cultural and arts organizations in order to guarantee equal access to cultural wealth for all social groups; create favorable conditions for the development of cultural and artistic organizations;
- Assist in the development of the system of musical and artistic educational institutions; provide support for talented children and youth;
- Support folk art and national cultures; develop the recreational and leisure sphere as well as cultural and educational activities; strengthen interaction between professional and amateur artistic organizations;
- Strengthen international cultural cooperation; ensure participation of the city’s cultural and artistic organizations in international projects; promote Saint-Petersburg as a cultural and artistic center of international significance;
- Organize the city’s cultural events: festivals, competitions, holidays, exhibitions, conferences and congresses;
- Create and implement projects and strategic programs in the sphere of culture; share expertise of international and regional projects in the field.
Chairman – Vasily Pankratov
191186, Nevsky ave., 40
Tel. +7 (812) 312-24-71